Purpose: Determine what species of bats reside within the region and provide nesting boxes for wildlife.
Funding: Albury Conservation Company.
- Installation of nest boxes
- Picnic BBQ tea at the Hume Weir Dam wall
- 6 bat (Harp) traps were set up and left overnight
- Squirrel Glider observations
- 15 people attended the event 9 from CSU and 6 from the general community
- 9 nest boxes installed in the Hume Village peripery
- Observed lots of wildlife including many brushtail possums, at least 3 Squirrel gliders, 2 tawny frogmouths and a barn owl.
- Heard frogs calling including Peron's tree frog, spotted marsh frog, Plains froglet, and Common froglet
- Caught, identified and released 3 bats, 2 male Gould's wattled bats and 1 female Southern freetail bat
- Results entered into the Widlife Atlas