Held: Sun 13th April 2014
Funding: Slopes to Summit (S2S) and Parklands AW
Where: Lake Hume Spillway Reserve
What did we do?
- Background on the site’s history and disturbance from building Hume Dam
- 4 teams removed fig trees, Tobacco bush, false Acacia, Broome bush and Caper spurge
- After BBQ lunch, nest boxes were checked and Gliders observed
What did we find?
- Lots of problem weeds and the need for major on going work
- Gliders observed in a nestbox in the Village area for the first time, evidence in 3 adjacent boxes.
- People of all ages love peeking at gliders in nest boxes
- 21 people attended , 5 of these were school aged children
- 17 were first timers, only 4 were previous helpers
- Over 100 people have participated at the Lake Hume Glider project area