Sloane’s Froglet Citizen Science Monitoring Program
You are invited to an evening with Sloane’s froglet, a very special Thurgoona local who needs your help.
- Hear about the Sloane’s froglet conservation program
- Learn how to identify and record frogs using FrogID
- Join Sloane’s Champions and help us save Sloane’s froglet
- Be sure to wear warm clothes and bring a torch!
- Coffee and tea will be available
Note: If you can we recommend downloading the FrogID mobile phone app. beforehand and joining the “Slone’s Champions” group.
When: 6:00 (for a 6:30pm start) to 9:00pm, Friday 21st of June 2019
Where: Thurgoona Golf Club, 1 Evesham Place.
RSVP: By 19 June to [email protected]
Presented by NSW Office of Environment and Heritage and Woolshed Thurgoona Landcare Group.
How to get FrogID and join Sloane’s Champions group
- You will need to have access to a Smartphone (iOS or Android)
- Download the FrogID application onto your Smartphone
- Create a personal profile. You can do this in two ways:
- Navigate to the FrogID website from the FrogID app on your phone (open the app., click on “profile”, and then click on the “click here to explore website” tab) OR
- Go to the FrogID website from a desktop computer. Click on “login”. Choose to create a new account.
- When creating an account, there will be a field to “join an existing group”. Search for “Sloane’s Champions” and join the group.
- Finalise your account.
- Start recording and uploading data!
Note: like many apps, downloading FrogID and using all its functions uses data. Generally, uploading and downloading content through is a WIFI network is the quickest and cheapest option.
If you want to know more about FrogID, visit the following link: https://www.frogid.net.au/