Native Plant Giveaway
Woolshed Thurgoona Landcare Group’s Native Plant Giveaway is back on for 2020. The giveaway and associated events have been made possible thanks to Albury City’s Community and Cultural grants program.
🌱 Our Annual Native Plant Giveaway for 2020 is now open! & close 4pm Sunday 19th July 2020
🌱 Maximum of one order per household – Ineligible orders will be cancelled
🌱 If you reside within Woolshed Thurgoona Landcare Group’s boundary (see map below) or are a current paid member, you are eligible to order plants
🌱 Residents within boundary can order 10 plants, paid members are entitled to order 20 plants
🌱 Orders will be available for collection on Saturday 25th July 2020
🌱 If orders are not picked up on collection day, orders will be donated to community planting events
🌱 Orders can be picked up by family/friends, just send us an email to [email protected]
Thank you to AlburyCity for funding this project for another year.
If you have difficulty with ordering there is a guide under the ‘plants’ drop down menu.
If you are a current member and have not received your code, please send our enquires an email and we will sort this out for you.
With the wetter weather upon us many frog species are calling, including Sloane’s froglets, a threaten frog species found around the Thurgoona and surrounding region. We encourage everyone who is concerned about the decline of our native species to become involved in activities such as this citizen science program to help save our unique plants and animals for future generations.
To get involved
- Download the Australian Museum’s FrogID smartphone app.
- Create an account on FrogID and join the Sloane’s Champions group (easiest to do from the official FrogID website) Important: to do this step so your recordings will then go against the Sloane’s Champions group. We want to be number 1 this year.
- Use FrogID to record calling frogs at local wetlands!
Data that you record using the app is sent to the Australian Museum. Experts listen to the calls to confirm the species calling, and will send you an email letting you know exactly what species were calling. Some of the benefits of using FrogID include:
- Provides you with information on over 240 Australian frog species (including their calls)
- Helps you work out what species might be calling at a site based on your location and local habitat
- Recording data is quick and easy, and experts send you an email confirming what species you heard
- You can get competitive! Check out the “Top Froggers” and “Top Groups” on the FrogID website. Let’s put Sloane’s Champions at the top of the list!
- You are contributing data not only to the local Sloane’s Champions project, but also to our broader understanding of the health and distribution of Australia’s frog species
Useful web links