Re-vegetate the shrub layer to help gliders and other wildlife at the Spillway Reserve.
Albury Wodonga Parklands & Slope 2 Summit.
What was done
- Tim Alexander (Albury Wodonga Parklands) arranged a bus load of James Fallon Yr 10 students to get busy with tree planting,
- Several block areas were pre sprayed for weed control,
- 13 students attended and planted approx. 200 shrubs,
- The group was welcomed by Stuart and thanked for their much appreciated help,
- The pole camera (from Baranduda Landcare-many thanks)
was present to allow the students to peek at gliders in nestboxes,
- The day seemed to be enjoyed by the helpers. The shrubs have got off to a great start with two good rains since
Thanks again to Parklands, the James Fallon students and their teacher David Johnson.
Project contact: Stuart 60 264 357